Chapters in Books
- Witte, D. L. (2013). In pursuit of significant form: Necessary muddles in the social semiotic. In B. A. Marlowe & A. S. Canistrari (Eds.), Educational foundations: An anthology of critical readings (3rd ed.). Los Angeles, CA: Sage.
- Witte-Townsend, D. L., & Hill, A. E. (2006). Toward a pedagogy of depth in everyday classrooms: Exploring relational consciousness among teachers and young children. In B.A. Marlowe & A.S. Canestrari’s (Eds.), Educational psychology: Readings for future teachers (pp. 79–90). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Witte-Townsend, D. L. (2002). Remembering the childhood loss of a mother. In M. van Manen (Ed.), Writing in the dark: Studies in interpretive inquiry (pp. 112–121.) London, ON, Canada: Althouse Press.
Peer Reviewed Articles in Scholarly and Professional Journals
- Witte-Townsend, D. L., & Hill, A. E. (2006). Light-ness of being in the primary classroom: Inviting conversations of depth across educational communities. Educational Philosophy and Theory , 38(3), 373-389.
- Witte-Townsend, D. L., & Whiting, A. G. (2005). Seeking best practice in reading fluency development: Children, parents and teachers tell stories of complex relations. New England Reading Association Journal (NERAJ), 41(1), 51–63.
- Witte-Townsend, D. L., with DiGiulio, E. (2004). Something from nothing: Exploring dimensions of children’s knowing through the repeated reading of favourite books. The International Journal of Children’s Spirituality, 127–-142.
- Witte-Townsend, D. L., & Whiting, A. G. (2003). Lessons in sweet words: Supporting children’s language play and literacy development in the preschool years. The Journal of Early Education and Family Review, 11(1), 6–21.
- Witte-Townsend, D. L., & Whiting, A. G. (1999). Children’s language play and early literacy development: Implications for emerging mind. Early Childhood Education, 32(1), 34–39.
- Witte-Townsend, D. L., & Whiting, A. G. (1999). Lessons in sweet words: Language play in the elementary school classroom. New England Reading Association Journal (NERA), 35(1), 7–15.
- Witte, D. L., Sawada, D., & Hill, A. (1997). Dragon soup: Children’s conversations and dramatic play. Teaching Education, 9(12). Retrieved from http://www.teachingeducation.com/vol9 wittehtm.
- Hill, A., & Witte, D. L. (1996). Power, play and drama: Listening to unfinished scripts in the early childhood classroom. Early Childhood Education, 23(2), 9–15.
- Witte, D. L., & Blakey, J. (1992). The child’s view of evaluation: Voice as pattern through time. Journal of Learning About Learning, 1(1), 21–29.
- Witte, D. L., Everett-Turner, L., & Sawada, D. (1991). Metaphor as method in recovering teachers’ tacit knowledge of play: Emergence of metaphoric themes. Play & Culture, 4(1), 24–30.
- Witte, D. L. (1991). Remembering: The child’s experience of the loss of a mother. Phenomenology + Pedagogy, (9), 172